This post will detail how to create a use the ‘Approve vendor’ functionality within AX.
- Set up your item to check for an approved vendor, Open Product information management > Common > Released products
- Within the Purchase fast tab select the field Approved vendor check method Select the option Not allowed or Warning onlyNOTE –
- Next you will need to set the vendor’s for which this item has been approve to be sourced from. Open the ribbon tab Purchase and select Setup within the Approved vendor group.
- Setup One approved vendor activated for the current period.
- Raise 2 Purchase order’s one for the approved Supplier and one for an unapproved supplier.
- Enter the Item you setup into both PO’s and note that for the unapproved vendor a warning or error occurs depending on the setup in step 2.Error – If you set the items ‘Approved vendor check method’ to ‘Not Allowed’ the user will receive an error message which will prevent the user from saving that line.
Warning – If you set the items ‘Approved vendor check method’ to ‘Warning only’ the user will receive an Warning message which the user can choose to ignore. This warning message will re-occur though-out the processing of this order with the same warning message.