I’ve put this post together to help people create a warehouse and potential find the areas where they’ve missed something. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
Firstly you will need to create a site to manage you items.
To create your site navigate to: Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > inventory breakdown > Site
Create a new site and attached an address.
Warehouse / Locations
Next you will need to create your warehouses. You will need to create 3 warehouse 1 default warehouse, 1 quarantine warehouse and 1 transit warehouse.
To do this follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouse
- First create the quarantine and transit to do this create two warehouse select the appropriate warehouse Types within the general tab.
- Next create the general warehouse with the transit and quarantine selected as shown below:
- Next select the location names within you warehouse. A basic warehouse should have Aisles and Racks.
- Next you will need to setup the locations within the warehouse, click Functions > Location wizard
- Follow the steps within the location wizard making sure you take care with locations and how you set the physical dimensions. Make sure these locations are large enough not to cause issues when putting pallets away – note if AX comes across this issue at put away the error it’s not a helpful one!
- Make sure you review the Store Areas/Store zones
- Once you’ve finished creating the locations navigate back to you default warehouse within the tab Warehouse management set up the default receipt and issue location.
- Close and save your settings
Store Areas / Zones
If you would like to create your own store zones/areas follow these instructions:
- Firstly you will need to create a Store Area.
- Navigate to Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > Inventory Breakdown > Store areas
- Create 2 new Store areas:
- Next you will need to create a Store zone
- Navigate to Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > Inventory Breakdown > Store zones
- Create a new store zone and select the input area created above:
- Next you will need to update all locations within you warehouse to be within the appropriate areas.
- Navigate Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > Inventory Breakdown > Warehouse
- Select your warehouse and click Functions > Update Store areas
- Follow the wizard and select the appropriate store areas for your locations.
- Finish and save your changes.
Create an items to be Site/Warehouse/Location/pallet controlled.
- First navigate to Product information > Common > Released product
- Create the item with the following settings selected:
|Item model group||FIFO|
|Storage dimension group||Site-warehouse-Location-Pallet|
|Tracking dimension group||None|
|Item sales tax group||All|
|Item sales tax group||All|
|Min. Output pallet quantity||1|
- Set up the warehouse item information by clicking the Released products > Manage inventory > Warehouse > Warehouse items
- Create a new line for the warehouse created above.
- Select the tab Locations and fill in the information:
|Store zone||[Use store zone created above]|
|Default receipt location||In_01|
|Default issue location||Out_01|
- Close and save your changes.