In this blog i’m going to run through the functionality available in the ‘Excel Add-ins’ tool. For this example I will be updating an existing Customer group and I will also create a new customer group.
Finding the connection details for your system:
- Open AX and navigate to System administration > Setup > Services and Application Integration Framework > Inbound ports
- Click the port name AifServices
- The port details should be in the WSDL URL:
Using Excel Add-in
- Open Excel
- Select the tab Dynamic AX
- Click Configure > Options
- Enter the appropriate information (Identified above) then click Connect and OK
- Click Design > Add Data > Add Table
- In this example I’m going to be using the CustGroup, Find the CustGroup within the Available table and move this table across to the Selected tables using the >
- Click OK
- Select the fields you would like to import/amend in the Field chooser (this is done by by double clicking the fields required, in this example I’m using all the fields)
- Next close the field chooser plane
- This should reveal the Refresh button, clicking this will bring through the current AX records in that table.
- Create a new record by adding a new line to the bottom of the table and amend another record in the table that exists.
- This should bring up a new tab called Dynamics AX Status this tab should detail the publishing of two records (the new record and the update of the record that existed)
- Within AX open the table you have modified and confirm that this information has been amended and imported.